Monday, April 8, 2013

Willie McCool Memorial Run



Last Saturday I ran the second 5k of my life in the Willie McCool Memorial Half Marathon and 5k.  It was a lot of fun.  My old roommate (and one of my best friends) came all the way from San Antonio to do the half marathon.

We were up early, got the kids piled in the van, and were ready to start by 8am.

I started with a warm up walk for 5 min, then jogged the rest of the way, only stopping long enough to retrieve a fallen hippo and tie my shoe.  I ended up finishing in 49 minutes!  If you'll recall, my last 5k took me 55 minutes, so I've improved by 6 minutes!  Plus I walked a lot last time due to a flat tire on my stroller and a bunch of hills that took me by surprise!

Tina (my friend) finished her half marathon in 2 hours 5 minutes...her new personal best!

It felt great to accomplish my goal of finishing another 5k.

I have another race in May, and I'm hoping to finish in 45 minutes.

2 comments:

- said...

Yay! You are awesome! Way to be healthy. :)
If another one of your best friends came to visit (me), it would be to eat ice cream-not run. Even Jesse knows that when I come it is time for ice cream.
I am very impressed with you!

Cami said...

You are welcome to come eat ice cream with me anytime!!! I just run so that I don't hate myself when I eat the ice cream.