Monday, April 15, 2013

A Couple Nights ago...

after the kids were in bed, I went in and spent a few minutes talking to each one.  I'm trying to be a more active parent and stay involved in my childrens' lives.

I told my daughter how much she makes me laugh.  She giggled and started making faces at me.  Then we sang a silly version of Old McDonald and laughed some more.  I told her about some of the things I love about her- her sense of humor, her courage to try new things, her determination to do the right thing, her sweet smile, and her intelligence.  She is a smart kid- and uses it to tease us all.

I told my son stories about when he was a baby.  We talked about the funny words he used to say, the silly things he did, and the toys he loved. He didn't want me to stop.  Then we sang a couple of songs and he gave me a huge hug.  I explained to him that I will always be his mom, forever, and that he will always be my son, even after he grows up and has a family of his own.  He wanted me to sit and talk to him all night, but I couldn't.

My kids are incredible in every way, and I don't want them to just "know" I love them; I want them to feel it too.  It was nice to have a little one-on-one time with each kiddo, and something I'm going to do more often.

 

1 comment:

- said...

you are a great mom! thanks for your example.