This morning at the park my kids made some new friends. They ran and played all morning, then climbed up into a little "room" on the playground and decided to tell each other scary stories. The friends' grandma and I listened in and heard some funny stuff!
First the little girl (4) told her version of Little Red Riding Hood. It was pretty quick, but she covered everything.
Then Jesse got a turn.
"Once there was a girl who climbed up on my bed, so I pushed her off, and bammed her on the head. Then I pushed her out the window. She was wearing my flip flops. I took my flip flops away from her and pulled her hair...then I kicked her bum and gave her a wet willie."
The grandma was dying from laughter, as I was dying from embarrassment. Jesse is not a violent kid, and we work very hard on being polite and respectful to everyone. I was pretty horrified at the things he was saying, and he went on and on each time it was his turn to tell a story. And the other kids thought he was hilarious! They were all busting up, which only encouraged him. Each story got a little crazier and those four kids were having such a good time.
Maybe the things he talked about are scary to him, and that's why he put them in his story. I'm not sure, but I do know that he is full of surprises and 100% boy, and I wouldn't have him any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment