Most of my friends are stay-at-home moms. It makes me jealous of them. On the other hand, I love my job and am very thankful to have a degree that I can use to help support my family. That isn't the subject of this post though.
Because I'm not used to being home with the fam all day it takes me a while to get in to the full-time mommy mode each summer. This year has been pretty rough- Jesse and I have really had to figure each other out again. We've had some battles already and I'm sure more are coming as he becomes more independant. Life is getting back in order, and our summer is taking shape.
(below: Jesse's first wall drawing and helping organize my recipes)
We've also started making trips to the library. Jesse loves pulling books off the shelves (just like at home) and looking through the pictures of every book he gets his hands on. I'm really hoping that he never loses his love of reading. I picked up a book I've been interested in too, The Undaunted by Gerald Lund.
Hopefully we'll get some swimming time in and maybe another trip to the zoo before mom gets too swollen and uncomfortable! :)
5 comments:
Good for you!! I remember how tired and grumpy I felt when I was pregnant (especially over the summer) and I can imagine that it would be quite an adjustment. Although, honestly, I've never known you to be too grouchy :o) Sounds like things are off to a good start now...enjoy!!
Way to be positive! When I was teaching all I wanted to do was be a stay-at-home mom, but now I've realized that I miss it! Conversations with toddlers aren't very fulfilling. :) Have fun being at home with Jesse this summer! It's nice to be able to devote as much time as possible to family.
It's easier once he can talk better too! Another reason I try to devote one day a week to ALL the cleaning and laundry, so that I'm not stressed out about it (minus ya know daily stuff like the kitchen sink) every other day! Keep up the grouch-free life Cami! =)
Let me know when you want to go to the zoo!
Cami, I love how you think. If I were you, I would think, 'be silent Child! Or mother will take you out', instead you want to change yourself. :) Love it and miss all of you in the Idaho Falls Barger Family. (Not to be confused with all the Barger family, cause, well, Casey, I just don't know them that well. :D hehheheheheh....hehe)
Post a Comment