- strong heartbeat at 156 bpm
- I'm still measuring ahead, but now just a week
- I am 32 weeks along now, 8 to go!
- everything else is perfectly normal, according to the doc
Even though everything has been going so smoothly with this pregnancy I will start having Non-Stress Tests every week from now on to double-check little Nolan's health. This is because we lost our first baby at 24 weeks for no reason and I'm higher risk now. It does make me nervous, but at the same time it means I get to hear his little heartbeat every week!
Case and I are getting more and more excited as the big day approaches! I would like to ask for any opinions/advice that would be helpful to new parents! Funny and serious will both be accepted! Thanks folks!
PS- still haven't found my battery charger, so sorry no pictures today. work is also kicking my bum so I haven't even looked...maybe next week?
Here is a random picture to enjoy: this is our wedding cake. If you want to know how it tasted, talk to my little sister Mandi (she practically ate the bottom out from under it)!
10 comments:
-With boys, buy the better diapers!
-Accept help anytime anyone offers.
-In whatever you dress him, people will still call him a girl.
-Let him sleep in the nursery the nights you are in the hospital, catch up on some much needed rest...believe me!
-Congrats on the upcoming events... It will all be worth it!
The bottom layer of that cake was so good I'm still working off the pounds I gained from it!!! Cami I can't believe you said that, even though it's true and I don't care. I'm way excited about this little new life that's going to be brought into this world!
Yay for little baby boys! You are going to love being a mom. If you need any help, give me a call. I live close (I think)! What hospital are you going to deliver at?
So wait a second...are you going to call him Nolan? We're trying to get Ben to learn names. He's got Rachel and Russell and Barack Obama, but I've been working with him on Jesse. Do I need to switch?
One thing: They leak!
I agree about getting the better diapers (we love luvs).
I made freezer meals before Rachel was born and they were a huge help.
For me things go in threes. Once I got to three weeks I felt so much better but then when I got to three months things were even better and then six and so on. So if you are struggling just give it some time. And remember you body take a long time to heal and get balanced again. Be patient with yourself. I would suggest not going on any big travel trips a month after but I know that the family thing is in January and you might just be tougher than me.
Well, Jesse is the first name and Nolan is the middle, but I like it more so I am calling him Nolan. So you are not mistaken, unless we completely change our minds! Thanks everyone for the advice!
I love the name you picked out. And I love your cake, I didn't get to see it. I think I'd eat the bottom of it too. yum. :)
So random fact our neighbor's house is bright sunflower yellow and every time I look at it I think of you. :)
We went with cheap diapers at first but I decided a nickel (or whatever it cost per diaper) was worth not scrubbing out Kaitlyn's explosions. We saved on laundry and labor in the end. :)
Also remember kids can fit in clothes that are too big but you can't squeeze them into clothes that are too small. Use this advice in moderation however, putting the little guy in 2T (24month clothes) probably wont work. :)
I am not a mom yet, but I think that no mom should ever apologize for, or feel guilty about a messy house. So what. You are doing the most important stuff by taking care of your little guy and the house can wait.
I agree with all the advice given.
-I bought a lot of frozen food before Russell was born so Eric could cook for us.
-Better diapers are worth it.
-Don't freak out and scream when he pees on you (in case you aren't using a PPTP).
-Be patient and don't expect him to know anything, because he doesn't.
Cami! I've been a horrible blogger lately, but I was going over old comments and saw one you made on my blog and remembered we never officially became blog buddies! I've now officially added your guys' blog to ours, so you should add ours to yours! Only if you would like to, of course! I'm excited for our baby boys to be close together!
Post a Comment