Monday, November 17, 2008

Time for another post...

It's been a couple of weeks and I have another baby update, actually I have a couple updates.
  • we're finally official on the name: Jesse Nolan (I will be calling him Nolan)
  • Had my first NST (non-stress test) and things were great, once he decided to wake up and kick that little monitor thing
  • today's heartrate was 152, and he kept moving away from the doppler so it took a few minutes to get it...this is a stubborn fella
  • BP still perfect, and no swelling so I still get to wear my wedding rings
  • The nurse said that baby's head is moving down so I am feeling less in my ribs and making more bathroom trips these days

Last week (Nov. 8-9) we were in Oregon to see our newest nephew on Casey's side get blessed. He's a cute little thing, and his name is Jeremy Duane. He likes to wrinkle his forehead and roll his eyes. While we were in OR I had a mini-baby shower with some of the in-laws. It was fun! We got a lot of stuff that's going to come in very handy when Nolan gets here. I have a bunch of clothes now, and need to start stocking up on diapers!

Another note, this past week Casey's grandfather passed away (that's who we're naming the baby after) and so his parents and brother and sister-in-law stayed with us for a few days. So, we got to see how Sami would react to a new little baby in her house. I have good news...she doesn't even care! She sniffed him a couple of times, and then licked his hand, but that was it! Hopefully she'll be even better with ours because he'll be here 24/7. It's just nice to know.

Wow, this has turned into a super-post! But I have to add some pictures because I found my battery charger (yay).

This is the swing that Casey's parents got for us. It can switch between front/back and side/side swinging.

Here is our travel system! This is so me with the yellow-green plaid! Now all we have to do is figure out how to hook it into the car!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

I really like the pattern on your carseat. It is very cute. Great for a boy or girl! The swing also sounds awesome. The idea sounds very well thought through.

JK said...

So glad to hear everything is going okay. Cute travel system! J and I waited to put ours in the car until after Kaitlyn was born and we were trying to take her home. Bad idea. I'd suggest practicing before. I also always sit on our base to get it tight, uncomfortable but it works. :) I'm glad you got a little baby shower. I need to give something to your mother in law to get to you guys. :) Take care! Kari

Sheena said...

I'm glad things are going so well, and also that the dog is accepting of a little one. :) Nice test strategy. The stroller looks good. Where did you get it?