After a few days in OR it was time for us to pack up and head back into ID for a while. Our first stop was Boise, where most of my family lives. We were there for the 4th of July and watched several neighbors set off fireworks while the kids played with pop-its. Mandi came over with Addie so we could finally meet her. She's such a happy baby, and so fun!
The next day we made our traditional trip to the mall so I could get some See's candy. I love that stuff and we don't have one close by so each time I'm in Boise I have to go! We also went to a few stores and I ended up getting some great deals on clothes for my kids. That night my parents watched the kids so Casey and I could finally have our anniversary dinner (a month late). We went to Johnny Carino's and I ordered the lobster ravioli and it was delicious but I was so full from bread and salad that I ony ate 2 pieces. Oh well, it was worth it! I loved being able to spend some one-on-one time with my husband. It helps me remember all the reasons I love him!
Saturday was a busy, busy day! My dad and Casey took the raft down the main fork of the Payette River as a test run before the family reunion at the end of the month. My mom, Jenny, Jesse, Breyan and I drove along the river and took pictures. Instead of ending the trip at our normal take-out, we all piled into the raft (kids included, thank goodness we'd brought their life-jackets) and went down a couple more miles. It was all very calm, and Casey was kind enough to sit with the kids while I floated down the river in my lifejacket. It was awesome! I grew up rafting that river and it was killing me to just watch. It's one of the many things I have missed since moving South. We were sunburned and exhausted when we got back to my parents' house, but the kids went swimming with Jenny in the pool anyway and slept great that night. Later, Casey and I went to visit my best friend, Noel, and her family. They have the cutest baby boy and just moved into their first home. I'm so happy for them, and so glad that even though we rarely get together, Noel and I can talk like we've never been apart. That's a best friend for ya!
Sunday morning we were up bright and early for Church. Breyan and Jesse both went to their classes with very little arguing and enjoyed them. After Church we had to pack things up again and head off to Idaho Falls and Rexburg to spend time with more family.
Here are some of the rafting pictures from our trip.
The next day we made our traditional trip to the mall so I could get some See's candy. I love that stuff and we don't have one close by so each time I'm in Boise I have to go! We also went to a few stores and I ended up getting some great deals on clothes for my kids. That night my parents watched the kids so Casey and I could finally have our anniversary dinner (a month late). We went to Johnny Carino's and I ordered the lobster ravioli and it was delicious but I was so full from bread and salad that I ony ate 2 pieces. Oh well, it was worth it! I loved being able to spend some one-on-one time with my husband. It helps me remember all the reasons I love him!
Saturday was a busy, busy day! My dad and Casey took the raft down the main fork of the Payette River as a test run before the family reunion at the end of the month. My mom, Jenny, Jesse, Breyan and I drove along the river and took pictures. Instead of ending the trip at our normal take-out, we all piled into the raft (kids included, thank goodness we'd brought their life-jackets) and went down a couple more miles. It was all very calm, and Casey was kind enough to sit with the kids while I floated down the river in my lifejacket. It was awesome! I grew up rafting that river and it was killing me to just watch. It's one of the many things I have missed since moving South. We were sunburned and exhausted when we got back to my parents' house, but the kids went swimming with Jenny in the pool anyway and slept great that night. Later, Casey and I went to visit my best friend, Noel, and her family. They have the cutest baby boy and just moved into their first home. I'm so happy for them, and so glad that even though we rarely get together, Noel and I can talk like we've never been apart. That's a best friend for ya!
Sunday morning we were up bright and early for Church. Breyan and Jesse both went to their classes with very little arguing and enjoyed them. After Church we had to pack things up again and head off to Idaho Falls and Rexburg to spend time with more family.
Here are some of the rafting pictures from our trip.

2 comments:
Those rafting pictures bring back some fond memories of rafting with you, Casey and your Dad. I'm glad you were able to hangout in Boise for a while and it looks like you all were having a great time. Sorry I wasn't home when you were in Hermiston. We just had the worst luck in getting together for this year. Better luck next time!
And Congratulations again on Barger number 3!
I am so glad that you made time to come visit me and my fam! I am so glad that we have stayed friends throughout the past many (MANY) years!!! You are great! Looks like a great trip!
Post a Comment