Thursday, August 2, 2012

This made my day!

Today while making lunch, I looked at my window and got quite a shock. A young bull moose was standing right outside munching on a willow tree! It was about a yard away from our front door, walking around like it owned the place.  I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture, then put the kids on the countertops so they could watch.  After a minute I ran downstairs and grabbed my camera.  These pictures aren't the greatest, but I'm glad I was able to capture this moment.

And now, even though the moose is gone (I think), my kids are still in lockdown for a while.  It was awesome, but still has me a little freaked out!



This is something I'll miss about Evanston.  We've had moose and deer right out our doors, and in Texas we'll probably have cockroaches and scorpions. And you can bet I'll still get giddy and take pictures when I see them! It's all part of being a biology nerd!

3 comments:

- said...

good thing the kiddos weren't outside playing! but how cool! p.s. i just fed your fish :)

Ben and Sabrina said...

Oh man, you're going to Texas! Wow, what brought this on? Good luck packing everything and getting ready for the big move. What part of Texas are you going to? Good luck!

P.S. Cool picutres of the Moose! It's always awesome to see wild life up close.

suzanne said...

Wow! That is so cool. Definitely something you probably won't see in Texas.