Last week our family was able to go up to Boise, then Oregon to spend time together before the big move. We don't know how long it will be before we get to see any Crummetts or Bargers again, which is the worst part of moving to Texas, but that's life.

We got to my parents' house late Wednesday night. The kids were all sorts of tired/shy/grouchy because they didn't sleep for ANY of the 6 hour drive. We visited for a little while, then went to bed. In the morning we had a delicious breakfast (thanks, Mom!) and Mandi and my best friend Noel came by to see us. It was too short of a visit, as always, but we had to get on the road soon after.
The drive to OR was pretty uneventful. We made it to Tyson and Meagan's house where Jesse and Breyan got to play with Jeremy and Ryan. Jesse and Jeremy are pretty good buddies- they played baseball and basketball (as good as 3 year olds can, anyway) then ended up swimming in the kiddie pool in their underwear. I'm pretty sure Jesse thought that was awesome!

Later that day we went to Casey's parents' house and did dinner and the kids got to play more and stay up late.
Friday morning I took the kids and was able to visit with two of my old roommates (Bini & Kari) and their children. It took my kids a little bit to warm up, but they ended up having a great time, and I loved the chance to catch up with good friends!

Later that day we went down to a beach along the Columbia River and played in the water. Jesse loved making sand angels, Breyan loved the water, and they both loved being buried in the sand! I didn't bring the camera because I wanted to play too and didn't want to ruin it, so no pictures. The guys found some cliffs to jump off while the women and children and dogs played in the sand and talked.
Saturday we celebrated Breyan's second birthday with a pink and white guitar cake. Casey's grandparents and his older brother & family came over and we all got to eat and talk while Bree opened her gifts. She got 2 purses, necklaces and bracelets, clothes, and a baby doll. She is much more of a girly-girl than her mother and loves wearing her necklaces and carrying a purse!

One of the things our kids were looking forward to about being in Oregon was getting to see our dog, Sami, again. She's living with Grandma and Grandpa until we find somewhere where we can have her again. Breyan has developed some anxiety when it comes to dogs, but Jesse was thrilled to see his dog again! Casey and I were too, and I was amazed at how nice she was with the kids. She's always been a sweet dog, but I must've forgotten how good she really was. She tolerates kids grabbing and pulling her tail, poking her in the face, and sitting on her back without batting an eye. At one point over the weekend she was laying in the kiddie pool to cool off and two kids were sitting on her. How often do you get that lucky when you adopt a dog for 80 bucks? I think it's cool!

Sunday morning rolled around and we had to pack up and drive straight home so Casey could get to bed at a decent hour. Now I'm busy getting the house all packed and ready for the 2 day drive to Texas! It'll be nice to get down there and have life settle down a little again.
Sami
Breyan and Millie
Breyan and Millie
Jesse munching on a carrot
Breyan's cake
No comments:
Post a Comment