Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book Review: Rebecca

For the month of May my book club chose to read Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.  I say we, but it was actually me that picked this book because I love it!  It is one of the few books that I can read more than once and still enjoy. 

One of my favorite things is the way it's written.  The story is told in first person, but you never learn the name of the main character.  Rebecca is the beautiful and popular first wife to Maxim DeWinter, and her memory haunts the new marriage of the main character to her husband.



This is definitely a book everyone should read.  And if you aren't into reading, Alfred Hitchcock made it into a movie!

1 comment:

suzanne said...

I think I saw the movie. It was really good. I will look into reading the book