Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Good Day

Last Saturday Casey and I decided we needed some family fun! The last few weeks have been tough with us moving, traveling, packing and unpacking, and trying to keep some sort of consistency with the kids' schedules (yeah...right). So we packed up the kids and headed into Utah for the day.  First we went to Park City for lunch.  We ate at Pizza Hut and nobody cried or screamed the whole time!

After lunch we continued our journey to the Hogle Zoo.  Jesse had a hankering to see some elephants, which he didn't realize until I brought it to his attention and he loved every minute of it! They've redone a lot of the zoo and you could see the animals much better than last time I was there. It was great! We saw the monkeys (gag), elephants, giraffes, rhinos, a sleeping gorilla, a sleeping wolf, some camels, a bunch of birds, lizards, snakes, crocodiles, turtles, tigers, llamas, bighorn sheep, and more. Jesse even got to touch a snake! That was the highlight of his day.  And the fact that we saw the elephant have an "accident in the backyard."  You can tell we've been potty training because so many conversations/experiences involve bathroom topics.

Breyan was wonderful the entire day. Usually she cries when we drive anywhere, or when she misses a nap, or when her schedule gets interrupted in any way. It's fun. But I think she liked riding in the stroller looking at so many new things.  Her favorite animal was the tiger because it's the only one she knows right now and she loves to growl!

My favorite was pretty much everything except the monkeys.

I think Casey's favorite was the two sleeping kids when we drove home!

It was a good day! 

3 comments:

- said...

yea! sounds like a fun day! miss you!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Yay! I feel so blessed all the time to have a flexible child that enjoys car rides- think I'll get lucky twice in a row??!?!?! One can hope!

Jenny said...

little orange strip!