Saturday, August 6, 2011

That Can't Be Normal...

It has come to my attention that my 2 year old is a little bit odd.  I think I've always known it, but didn't fully get it until a couple days ago.  While we were meeting with our realtor, Jesse paused in the middle of a whine-fest and said he wanted celery. Yes, you read that right folks! He was whining because he wanted to eat some celery. The realtor couldn't believe his ears.  What 2 year old asks for vegetables????  Mine.  And I love him for it! Here are some other little oddities that make Jesse all the more lovable.
  • during meals he eats the veggies first
  • LOVES to eat limes and lemons
  • has eaten whole green peppers, tomatoes, celery, and carrots because he wants to!
  • would rather draw and play with his magnetic letters than anything else
  • eats the beans first anytime we have chili or taco soup...anything with beans
  • wants "pancake letters" for breakfast
I think doing Bountiful Baskets has really opened his eyes to fresh produce- and he can't get enough.  Hopefully the habit sticks, because he also inherited my love of sweets and his dad's love of soda.  But we're very limiting on what he gets in the junk food category...most of the time, except that one Sunday I was sick and he had ice cream for breakfast...and maybe for dinner too.

I know my 2 year old isn't the only "weirdo" out there.  What are things your kids do that just seem strange?

2 comments:

Ben and Sabrina said...

Yeah, your kids wierd. :) I sure wish mine would do that to. So what are bountiful baskets? And what's up with the realtor?

Dana Scarbrough said...

Jesse and Caleb are on the same wavelength. He's thrown a fit before because he wanted a salad- and always eats veggies first. I'm SOOO glad, because it's taken me 5 years to get my husband to ask for a salad at dinner! He'll probably stay the same- Caleb has always been this way and still loves ice cream too! I say its a healthy balance. :) I've definitely gotten comments about him wanting veggies. haha