Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Change is Gonna Come...

And, boy, do we have a LOT of them coming!
  • Our house is for sale
  • I quit my job after 4 years teaching 7th grade and totally balled when I went to tell my principal
  • Casey found us a pretty decent place in Evanston - less bedrooms, more bathrooms, plus a family room that will double as a guest room
  • we have to re-home our dog of 3 years since pets are not allowed in the new place (if you know anyone who wants an amazing dog, send them my way)
  • winters are longer and colder in Wyoming than in Idaho Falls
  • moving with kids will be a first for us
  • my baby is turning 1
  • I'm moving away from the state of Idaho for the first time in my life
  • I get to be home more with the kids
  • we'll get to be closer to all of our Utah homies and plan on seeing them more than once a year
  • I'm determined to teach Jesse how to ice skate since Evanston has ice skating ponds!
So, good things, and hard things, but the bottom line is that our family needs to be together.  For three months Casey has been commuting between Idaho and Wyoming and we can't do it anymore.  But I am excited to be closer to the bigger cities in Utah without having to actually live there! We plan on making several trips! :) And we're only 45 minutes from Park City!  Plus, Wyoming doesn't have state tax or taxes on food, and they were the first state to allow women to vote! It speaks to my inner feminist! 

Enough for tonight. I should get some sleep while the kids are sleeping.

6 comments:

The Hobbs Family said...

Yeah for changes!! And Utah shopping is the best. Let me know whenever you're coming...I'd LOVE to see you and those cute kids of yours!!

Karen said...

Wow, lots of big changes, you are going to be one busy momma!

Oh, and this post reminded me about when your parents use to make an ice skating rink in your backyard and we use to skate together. That was awesome. =)

Dana Scarbrough said...

Those are awesome changes! Glad you're all going to be together again! that is very sad about your dog though- we would so adopt if we were close enough!

Broncop3t3 said...

Good Luck! Moving can be a great time to restart. You're right, family is what's important. You want to stay together.

Sarah said...

The first time you're going to live outside of Idaho in your whole life and you choose Wyoming? :) Do you get to stay home with the kiddies?

suzanne said...

Wow good luck. Those are some big changes. I hate moving. I hope everything goes well for you.