Sunday, July 24, 2011

I remember...

Taking that first pregnancy test...scared to death what the results would be.
Hearing that little heartbeat for the first time.
Getting nauseous at the smell of raw meat.
Somersaults and squirms that made me catch my breath.
Seeing her perfect profile in the ultrasound. {girl!}
Feeling like something was going to go wrong; it wasn't fair for me to be this happy.
Impatience as we waited for the nurse to find the familiar thumping.
Silence.
Words "Your baby has no heartbeat."
Pain.
Tears.
Support from family and friends.
Love.
Giving birth to a near-perfect daughter.
Picking flowers, a casket, and a cemetery plot.
Loneliness.
Trusting that I could survive.
Learning to be happy again and live with the pain.
Two incredibly dull and boring pregnancies that ended in perfect babies.
Picking the headstone last summer.
Katy Nicole.



4 comments:

suzanne said...

The flowers and headstone are beautiful. I think many times, it is easy to forget that others have gone through so much.

Tiffany said...

Beautifully said, and I am glad you have been able to survive this.

Ashlie said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby girl, Cami. It is a beautiful headstone.

RORYJEAN said...

Beautifully written. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your courage is inspiring.