Every once in a while (when they aren't wrestling, yelling, pushing and crying) my children show their capacity for love. This morning we were sitting on a blanket reading books, enjoying a perfect day. After we finished, Jesse grabbed his little sister around the waist, tried to keep her still, and sang "twinkle, twinkle little star." It was darling, and I never want to forget it.
On a completely unrelated note, potty training is actually going well. Day 1 we had 5 accidents, three meltdowns (2 child, 1 mom), and a realization that this is NOT a one-time deal (DUH, Cami!). There were a few surprises as well: no accidents during naptime OR (drumroll, please......................) bedtime!!!!! And that brings us to Day 2: one accident, and a mother's favorite words..."I need to pee." I'm crossing my fingers that things continue to progress because I would actually like to leave my house at some point without the fear of public urination!
1 comment:
Glad to hear the potty train is rolling along. Our first day I had a major meltdown along with all of Russell's. And a sad thing . . . Russ was great at staying dry at night with the exception of an occasional wet bed until a week ago. Now he's back in diapers at night.
Post a Comment