Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break...Cami Style!

Everytime I visit anywhere I always start with two questions: 1- is there a zoo?  2- when can we go?

During our honeymoon we went to the Denver Zoo, while visiting family in Missouri we went to the St. Louis Zoo (FREAKING AWESOME), I know we've been to the Hogle Zoo (Salt Lake), and I've taken Jesse to the Idaho Falls Zoo.  Last year for Spring Break I packed up pregnant self, my pregnant sister, my not pregnant sister, my son and my nephew and went to Boise for a few days.  And...we went to the zoo...and for the first time in my life I couldn't wait to leave.  The weather was horrible (rain, snow and wind), my child was crying and screaming and I was getting the "can't you control your noisy kid" look from several strangers. Fun times.  So when Casey suggested I take the kids to Boise for my Spring Break this year I immediately thought: the zoo 2011...minus the snow!

And we ended up picking a beautiful day! Jesse LOVED seeing all the animals and he still talks about the zoo and the tigers and giraffes.

Most of the break was spent relaxing at my childhood home, reading the Hunger Games series and eating ice cream.  The kids had a good time getting to know their aunts Jenny and Mandi and Grandma & Grandpa Crummett, and Jesse loved not having a set bedtime for a week.  We all missed Casey. He couldn't come because he still had class that week.

All in all it was a great time and the zoo is back on my good side! :) Now...are you ready for some pictures???
Jesse checking out the lions.


Jesse feeding Breyan.  He kept saying "yummy squash."

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I am the same way I love going to Zoo's and Aquariums where ever we go. Too fun!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I love aquariums and zoos too! My first question is: Did you go to the black history museum? bahahaha! :P

- said...

I love that Jesse is growing up so much!!! Your kids are so beautiful. I'm glad that you enjoyed the zoo!

sundar prajapati said...

oh so cool, the zoo is nice


Anchor Text: lee croucher
URL: http://www.123people.co.uk/s/lee+croucher