Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Seventh Month

Baby Bree is now 7 (yes, SEVEN) months old and growing fast! (Between 15-16 lbs, 25 inches) She's literally doing new things each day and just when I think we're in a good routine she's gotta shake things up again!  Here is what we've been doing the last month (much of this was already mentioned in a previous post, oh well):
  • keeping Breyan from eating the inedible (cords, toys, paper, cardboard, magnetic letters, feet, brothers)
  • trying out more baby foods- so far she has eaten everything without a problem, but her favorites are rice krispies and bananas
  • introducing the sippy cup during meals and she's getting it figured out
  • protecting the children from each other: she gets into his toys, he pushes her over, they both cry (lots of fun for Mom & Dad)
  • sleeping all night long (all of us!) Breyan is consistently sleeping 12 hours every night, with minimum fussing at bed time
  • making sure fingers stay out of her mouth (she bit me one day, and Jesse kissed it better)
  • watching her learn new things- pulling herself up, eating new foods, experimenting with gravity, feeding herself (she holds her own bottle now!!!)
  • making her giggle- Breyan is an easy smiler and thinks other babies and kids are hilarious! Her parents, however, are already "uncool" and she'll only laugh when we tickle her...the rest of the time I get pity smiles.
I just have to say- this is one of my favorite ages! Yes, newborns are sweet, but I look forward to the beginnings of independence and personalities much more.  It's always exciting! :)


Cami

2 comments:

Ben and Sabrina said...

It is a fun stage to be in. So how many teeth does Bryan have now that she's biting you? I just have to say that I think my kids think your blog is the coolest because they love feeding the fish!

Cami said...

Well, my fish ARE awesome! Breyan only has 2 teeth, but she knows how to use them! We need to see each other again someday.