Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Baby Story

My little girl has arrived! Breyan Olivia was born August 17 at 6:34am, weighing in at exactly 8 pounds and measuring 20 inches long, making her slightly smaller than her big brother.

On Tuesday morning at 4:45 I was awake experiencing some contractions.  They weren't very painful, just uncomfortable and annoying enough that I couldn't sleep.  So I laid in bed for a few minutes, then got up and ***surprise*** my water broke! It took me a minute or two to realize what was going on since I wasn't 100% awake yet.  I woke Casey up, and we started gathering a few last minute things.  We also had to wake Jesse up and drag him to the hospital with us, where Casey's aunt and uncle picked him up so he wasn't around for the whole experience.

I was checked into the hosptal at 5:30, dilated to 4cm.  Then four different nurses tried to get an IV started so I could have an epidural.  They tried seven times to get the IV going, and ended up calling one of the LifeFlight guys to do it, which he did very quickly.  While this was happening I was going through some major pains! At 6am the nurse checked and informed us I was now dilated to 7cm.  By 6:30am Breyan was ready to be born- the doctor rushed in the door, put on his scrubs, had me push three times and we had ourselves a beautiful little girl!  And all without an epidural- not by choice, but if you are going to go natural it might as well be done fast!

Now we're home and trying to adjust to life with two children! Jesse loves looking at Bree and he smiles everytime he sees her.  He's already tried playing peek-a-boo by covering her head with a blanket!  She is a very sweet baby and likes to sleep.

I will be posting pictures of her here very soon, but you can see them on Facebook if you're impatient!

4 comments:

- said...

yea!!!!

Kelli Albaugh said...

Hooray and congrats! She is so cute!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Yay for baby bree! Thank goodness she showed up after all!

The Hobbs Family said...

She is so darling. I am SUPER impressed you delivered without an epideral (whether or not you had a choice). You are like a pioneer woman :o) Glad things are going well for you and your family is adjusting.