Sunday, August 15, 2010

Funny???

I haven't shared much about Jesse lately, so here we go.  This could get incredibly long since, like all moms, I think my child is the FIRST and ONLY one to ever do anything.  But this is also my blog, and I'm in charge. So there...
  • he throws everything! Food is currently the favorite projectile, and after he chucks it across the room, on the floor, onto the wall, at me, or at the dog he always looks at me and asks the same question..."funny?" 
  • we're starting to see an independent streak, accompanied by this new phrase: "I do it."
  • Cars is still his all-time favorite movie, but now its called "MmQueen" and Monsters Inc is now "Boo, Inc."
  • he's using forks and spoons very well, along with plates and will usually put his dishes in the sink after he finishes!
  • jesse has two daily chores: 1. feeding the dog each morning and evening- we hand him the cup of food and he dumps it into the dog dish      2. picking up the apples that fall off the tree each day- lucky for me he thinks this is a game!
  • he loves to color
  • after I take his picture he runs over and grabs the camera to look at himself
  • he's got some letters down: A, B, D, E, P, S. J, U, H- and points them out constantly!
  • LOVES the colors purple, orange, and yellow
I could go on for a very long time and bore you all to tears, but I won't.  Let's just say that we have been blessed with a wonderful little boy who makes every day interesting and fills me with joy!  It also helps that he has always been super easy-going and pleasant...even as we near the terrible twos his fits and tantrums are nothing compared to other children.  I hope he'll remain this way and be a great example to his baby sister, who is already more stubborn and obnoxious!

3 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Caleb's favorite colors are purple and orange and his favorite letters are E and S- are they easier?? I dunno. I tell his father not to worry, he wears blue too much not to be manly and like it just as much some day. lol

- said...

I love to hear about Jesse's skills. It is nice to hear about "typicals" when I'm around disordered so much. Hope your baby comes soon. And, hope you had fun shopping on Sat. Sorry I missed it.

- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.