Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bad News

I found out just this afternoon that my older brother, Spencer, was in a bad motorcycle accident.  He's alive, but paralyzed from the neck down and in pretty bad shape.  I'm having a hard time realizing that this has happened.  I wish I could go to Boise, but I just hit the point in my pregnancy where I need to stay close to home.  Its upsetting to feel so helpless at a time like this.  We're hoping and praying for him, but wishing there was more that could be done.  I guess we really need to trust the Lord.

UPDATE: Spencer can move his arms, so maybe the paralysis isn't as bad as was first thought.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I can not stop thinking about you guys when I heard this! If I can do anything let me know. I am thinking and praying for you guys! Hugs!

Cami said...

Thanks Shauna! You're a great friend!

The Lukes said...

So sorry to hear about this Cami--will keep Spencer in our prayers! I'm glad to hear he can move his arms, I hope he continues to improve!

Ashlie said...

Cami, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother :( I hope he continues to improve and heals fast! I'll be thinking about your family.