Saturday, June 5, 2010

Looking Back...

Isn't it funny how you change as you become a parent? Before I had kids or was even pregnant there were so many things I swore I would NEVER do! And I thought I knew so much...HA!
For example:
  • My kids were NOT going to watch any TV...
  • they weren't going to eat sugar
  • we'd never go anywhere with dirty faces or without shoes
  • i wasn't going to complain about being pregnant, but enjoy and love the entire experience
  • i wasn't going to hover around my kids or worry about germs when they were playing in public places
  • i never thought i'd make my own baby food or sew baby clothes

Weren't we all so smart and mature before our kids entered our lives?

4 comments:

- said...

i LOVE that picture of Jesse!!! He is such a handsome little man!

The Hobbs Family said...

SO true. I thought the same things. And I do all of them. :o) Glad I'm not alone....

Dana Scarbrough said...

Really??? I didn't know you made your own baby food- I'm a hard core believer!!! The face one makes me cringe- cause honestly, when they're toddlers from minute to minute you don't know what's on their face sometimes! Some things I've been firm on though.

Ben and Sabrina said...

It's true, our philosophies change with experience. I use the think I would not be like my mother in many respects, and yet, I'm calling her almost every dday with questions and advice! LIfe is funny that way I guess.