Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Barger's Dress

I bought a pattern to build the baby a blessing dress, but my mom suggested I make a practice to check sizes and everything. (good idea, mom) I bought some cheap, but cute fabric and got to work.
Cutting peices-no biggie sewing the front to the back-cake binding sleeves with ribbon-something I don't think I'll ever do again!!! Here are some pics to document my work thus far:
This is as far as I've gotten. Now that I've conquered the sleeves, its time to move on to the skirt (let's hope its easier!) :) PS- I say from now on, all baby clothes should be sleeveless!!! And a new picture of Jesse picking grass/weeds/flowers/sticks in the backyard!

4 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

No problem- just make the tie on straps and put it over a onesie- easy peazy!

- said...

I think the dress will be super cute!!! And, I did the binding sleeves with ribbon thing once and I totally agree-that is a one time experience. I hope I get to see you soon.

Ben and Terah said...

I love it. You are doing an awesome job! Keep up the great work!

suzanne said...

Wow! One of my goals in life is to some day learn how to sew.