Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update from the Baby Doc

I went to the doc today...14 weeks along and everything is going good. Baby's heartbeat is 162, so I keep telling Casey we're having a girl, but Jesse's was always high too. And that's pretty much it. My ultrasound will be in about 6 weeks and then we'll know if I'm growing a little Casey or a little Cami. I have had some people ask why I haven't put up a little ticker countdown thingy- and here's the reason: after losing a baby you have a tendency to be abnormally cautious about things. I know it sounds a little silly, but I feel like being too excited will jinx everything. It may not be a sane reason, but it's how I feel. (another note- there probably won't be pictures of my belly either, since I am not blessed with a cute preggo figure like most of my friends.) :) Deal. I will update as more check-ups happen. Thanks for your support!

5 comments:

- said...

Cami- you make me laugh!!!

Dana Scarbrough said...

K, all I ask is ONE preggo pick SOMETIME throughout the pregnancy- can be when you leave for the hospital to have the little munchkin. Deal? I know six weeks seems a ways away, but man! exciting day in 6 weeks that's for sure!

Craig & Mandi Hessing said...

I agree! At least one prego picture! It's fun for those of us who can't see you in person. Good luck with everything, and I hope all continues to go well!

Ben and Sabrina said...

May I add my vote to the "at least on pregnant picture?" And it can't be right now when you're all small because that is cheating. :)

Mandi McKay said...

i'm going to give my support to you cami about not adding a preg picture. if you don't want to add one, you don't have to because it's your body and your pride, so it's totally your call.