Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pushing

Jesse is a pushy little boy. I've seen many children grab their parents' hands and drag them to what they want, but not my son. When Jesse wants me to get something he grabs my hand to get me off the couch, then stands behind me and pushes my legs in the direction he wants me to go, which is usually to the pantry for a spoon of peanut butter. Right now I'm still in awe of the fact that he's figured out how to get what he wants and can communicate that, but I think soon the excitement will dissipate. I am always amazed at how much he's learning. His talking is getting so much better and he definitely has favorite things now...a favorite blanket, food (peanut butter and bananas), place to be (outside trying to eat snow), and even a favorite commercial (yes-I realize that means he watches too much TV). Casey and I are busy as always, with new callings (we finally graduated from Primary!) and the constant schooling. Casey is our ward's new Sunday School President and I'm the Relief Society Meetings Coordinator (fancy new name for Enrichment leader). Yikes! Where did this responsibility come from? It makes me nervous, but that's a good thing. We are both learning a lot from our new jobs. There isn't much to say as far as baby news- which is good at this point. I have another check up in a couple weeks, then we'll be scheduling the ultrasound! I love seeing everything, but ultrasounds always make me lightheaded and queasy. I actually threw up during my very first one-not good. Well, Jesse is mad that he's still in his crib so I am signing off. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Sadly, I totally know how you feel! I totally couldn't enjoy my first two ultrasounds of Caleb because it made me feel so sick. Thankfully, because of some pregnancy worries we were able to get one of him at 8 months. That one wasn't too nauseating!

Once Jesse can talk but won't you'll have to say no until he says the word instead of signing or pushing you towards it. It frustrates them, but when they're desperate (like for peanut butter in Jesse's case hehe) they'll comply and talk more!

Ben and Sabrina said...

Hummm, peanut butter. Like mother, like son! :) I was talking to Mandy last week and she was telling me Jesse's unique way of getting adults to do what he wants. That sounds like fun!

Congrats on graduating from primary! If there is a calling that makes me nervous, it's being in the primary. I'm nervous for church today because we're suppose to fill-in in the nursery today. I'm so glad it's only a one day thing!