Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Along Came A Spider...
1. There is a spider in my bathroom. The first time I saw her I decided to kill her the next time I was in there. That was weeks ago, and now I don't really want to kill her. Those who know me well will probably recall that I really like to keep bugs and other creepy things as pets (like Sami) and I give them names and feed them, etc. So, tonight I am officially naming my bathroom spider...Wendy. That seems like a good name for a bathroom-dweller! Keep ckecking here for non-regular updates.
2. And now, on to Jesse. My little man can now walk about 5 steps. He started walking about a week ago. I am trying to get a video of him, but the little guy is his father's son, and doesn't like to be recorded. So that will come as soon as we can wrangle him for a minute or two and get him to walk! He's also copying what we do a lot more and loves talking, screaming, and grabbing faces.
3. Today I accidentally left Sami free to roam the house. All day I worried about what I would find when I got home. She isn't a trustworthy dog yet, and has a taste for stuffed animals and xbox accessories. But when I walked into the house and looked around I saw no evidence that she had even been there! She got a treat because she was so good!
4. Casey shot and killed his first deer of the season last Saturday. It's a pretty young one, and a little small, but we're still going to have some good meat from it. Right now he's in the shed butchering and packaging it. I actually don't mind eating deer, and so far everything that I've tried has tasted very similar to beef, which makes it more palatable.
5. A lot of people ask me about school. I have the very best group of students in the world! They are polite, kind, enthusiastic, and fun. I don't think I've ever been able to joke this much with a group of students before. It sure makes going to work easier, especially when I have to leave my baby (sad).
6. I joined a walking group at school and have to walk 10,000 steps/day. It's harder than I thought.
**no pictures tonight because i'm too lazy to go get my camera. maybe next time...I'm outtie!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good Luck with Wendy. I'm glad that there is someone else in the world that has more feeling for the creepy crawly creatures God created.
I can't afford to keep pet spiders at our house because here spider's don't freeze to death so they live longer and grow bigger! Therefore there are more of them! So any bugs in my house must die!!! ASAP or they'll tell all their buddies to come join them in their new home.
I'm glad Sammy was a good girl and that Jesse is experiencing being a biped (however privately he insists on being about it. ;) and I hope that school keeps going great for you!
did you name it wendy after wendell the stinky roommate?
maybe...
I remember when you brought a spider over to my house when we were younger and my mom made you leave it on the front porch.
And, my favorite story of you and a bug is your poor pet grasshopper. :)
You should have named her Myrtle after Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter because she does dwell in a bathroom
Post a Comment