
Yesterday Casey and I cleared a spot in the backyard for an experimental garden. It isn't very big, but we plan on expanding it next summer if things work well here. This year we're planting beets, carrots, peas, and probably a couple of tomatoes to see how they turn out. This spot used to be a big pile of rocks, but I moved them into a wall surrounding the garden. I did this for two reasons: 1) because I thought it looked cool and 2) to help Sami see that it is off-limits (I don't know how quickly she'll catch on!)

Saturday afternoon Casey decided to break in the new car (2007 Ford Fusion-pictures en route)and take it fishing. I stayed home and took a nap because I was dang tired after working on the garden all day...plus I got a little sunburn. Anyway, he caught about 6 fish over 20 inches, but could only keep two so here they are! I think we know what's for Sunday dinner!

Just for fun...this is the last thing a bug sees before being eaten by a fish.
7 comments:
wow! That is a lot of big fish. I hope you like fish since you married a fisherman. At home garden experiment, interesting. It doesn't look that big in the picture, can you fit all of the plants in that little patch of ground? jk
It looks smaller than it really is, but like I said it's an EXPERIMENT to see what will grow well and what won't. Why grow a ton of stuff that I don't like and waste a bunch of money on things that don't grow well??? Someday I will have a bigger garden and will have to start canning. Also...I have always loved fish so that will never ne an issue.
RADISHES - Even if you don't like them they grow fast and big. A sure way to build your gardening self-esteem (ours taste great)
You have a sillt picture...and I planted peas, they almost always come up. I can live without the radishes...BLECH!
Why can't you let kitten rapist just die? Do you still have that for me in your phone? Congrats on your little garden. Maybe I'll get you some papaya or guava seeds for your birthday. You can grow them inside and put them outside for a little while during the summer.
to kelli- i still think kitten rapist is very funny...same with the "horistical" site. besides, i still have ron as sandmerks. that way people who steal my phone won't know who you are...i am protecting your identity, so you're welcome. on the other hand, some tropical seed would be really cool, i think i'm going to try growing an avacado also. alright this is too long so i'm audi.
Cami! I saw your link on Kelli's blog. So exciting you two bought a house! Congrats! Do you mind if I add you as a link on our blog? I hope you are having fun painting and finishing your basement!!!!
Post a Comment