Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's finally SPRING!




YES! Today was the first day that we hit 80 degrees and it wasn't even windy! It was like a miracle for Eastern Idaho. So, with the weather being nice I decided to take some more pictures of our yard. Enjoy!

This is one of the trees in our backyard. Someone told us it was probably a wild cherry tree, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Just a close up on one of the blossoms...I almost got stung by a bee during this picture. They are all over the tree. That's how we're helping prevent the colony collapse disorder of honeybees.



I wish this was our yard, but it IS where we had lunch yesterday at Yellowstone. The elk were all over the place and it totally freaked out one of my students. He kept walking around, always looking at them, and making comments everytime one moved.

The picnic table in this picture is the one I was eating at. I think the elk is enjoying my pringle crumbs!

Sorry, no picture of the bear, but it would only be a dot in the picture anyway.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Well, I'm jealous. We hit 100 yesterday and just about baked on our way to church. Life in the desert has its benefits and its drawbacks - the drawbacks are about to show themselves...

Cami said...

We just had day three of the 80s, and the rest of the week is supposed to be cold and rainy. On the good side, though, my pea plants are finally growing. I always plant everything too deep and it takes forever for them to grow. Plus the wonderful pet decided to dig a hole right in the garden...grrrr.

Kelli Albaugh said...

It's in the 80s everyday where I live. It's wonderful! But we are a little sad we missed the spring. We're going to get back to Idaho for the last half of summer and then it will be winter again. (I still haven't been convinced that there is a fall in Eastern Idaho. A few weeks just doesn't cut it for me.)