Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Frost

It was cold this morning, and there was frost on the windows of our minivan.  I rushed the kids through our morning routine; eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, socks, shoes, fix hair, coats, and backpacks.  I got myself and the baby dressed and fed while the older two were getting ready.  We said a quick prayer and headed out to the van.  As I buckled the baby into her carseat, I glanced up just in time to see the tiny index finger of my four year old daughter write 'B' on the driver's side window.  I waited and watched.  Soon after, I saw the finger of my five year old son finish writing his sister's name, then write the names of the rest of our family.  All in the frost on my window. 

Normally I would nag them about drawing all over the windows and wasting time by not getting into the van when we are trying to get to school on time.  For some reason I just watched this time, and I was hit with an intense wave of love for these little humans I am blessed to call mine.  It was overwhelming, and a great reminder that I need to slow down and enjoy these little moments with  my children.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Jesse looks like a model!