For most women, the 20 week appointment is "the big one," where they get to have a longer ultrasound and find out the gender of the baby.
For me, the 24 week appointment is a much bigger deal. That's when we found out that Katy has passed away, after a completely normal and healthy pregnancy, including the 20 week ultrasound.
Well, this past week I hit 24 weeks and everything was great! The next day we did an ultrasound and saw that not only is this baby growing perfectly, but it is most likely another girl!
(sidenote: when I married Casey I was warned that Bargers only have sons. I made up my mind right then that I was going to change that. Since then, I've been pregnant 4 times...three of them have been girls...)
At this point the baby is measuring right at 24 weeks, weighs 1 lb 8 oz, and has all of its organs in the correct places. We saw the 4 chamber heart and different parts of the brain.

As for me, I am feeling great. No more sickness at all, very little in the way of cravings, and no swelling. My blood pressure and weight gain and all that other stuff they monitor is pretty normal. I did have a very low placenta a few weeks ago, but it has moved up and things are progressing just like they should. I've felt much better after recieving a blessing from Casey a couple months ago when I was freaking out about everything. I'm glad I married a good man and that we get to welcome another child into our family!
For me, the 24 week appointment is a much bigger deal. That's when we found out that Katy has passed away, after a completely normal and healthy pregnancy, including the 20 week ultrasound.
Well, this past week I hit 24 weeks and everything was great! The next day we did an ultrasound and saw that not only is this baby growing perfectly, but it is most likely another girl!
(sidenote: when I married Casey I was warned that Bargers only have sons. I made up my mind right then that I was going to change that. Since then, I've been pregnant 4 times...three of them have been girls...)
At this point the baby is measuring right at 24 weeks, weighs 1 lb 8 oz, and has all of its organs in the correct places. We saw the 4 chamber heart and different parts of the brain.

As for me, I am feeling great. No more sickness at all, very little in the way of cravings, and no swelling. My blood pressure and weight gain and all that other stuff they monitor is pretty normal. I did have a very low placenta a few weeks ago, but it has moved up and things are progressing just like they should. I've felt much better after recieving a blessing from Casey a couple months ago when I was freaking out about everything. I'm glad I married a good man and that we get to welcome another child into our family!

3 comments:
I'm so happy for you, friend! I will call you-soon. :)
YAY! This is great news, and hooray for another girl! Hugs from carolina.
That's exciting, it's always a relief to see a healthy baby on the ultrasound! Oh this is Suzanne I think I am signed into Joe's account. Just incase you are wondering who the heck this is.
Post a Comment