I was relieved when the nurses put an IV in me because that meant I got to stay. That was about 11am. A little bit later the doctor came in and broke my water. One BIG contraction after that I was ready for an epidural. And then I was pretty content to just lay down and rest. I was hungry, but not allowed to eat anything except ice chips that tasted like they'd been in the freezer for a year. (gross)
About six and a half hours later it was time to push. It all went very smoothly, and the next thing I knew this darling 8 1/2 pound, blonde boy was laying on my chest! (so, he's a few months old in this picture, but you get the idea...little, cute, baby)
Today that baby is four years old. He is full of questions and isn't satisfied until we give him the full answer. He is gifted with an incredible memory and a brain ready for learning. He is already reading short sentences and figuring out how to spell words. He draws pictures of what he sees in every room of the house, and is curious about everything! Letters and words are still his favorite things, but he's become interested in astronomy, math, science (yay!), and geography too. He also loves to play in the dirt, swim, and go jogging.
He wants to play every sport, learn every subject, and do every thing! Some people have commented that we have really worked hard with him, but it is 100% Jesse. He has been surprising us since the day he was born!
Happy Birthday to the best baby boy in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment