I've had my "new" camera for about 3 years now, I think (no, closer to 2 1/2, anyway...). I've taken close to 8000 pictures. I've photographed babies, birthdays, family pictures, and even a wedding.
Yesterday I finally figured out how to really use it!
Months ago I pinned a link to a blog with a series called "31 Days to a Better Photograph" and over the weekend I started reading through it. Casey was out of town, so I was able to spend a lot of time reading, experimenting, and playing around with different settings. I can already see an improvement in my pictures. I'm starting to take good pictures on purpose instead of by accident!
Who knew that the little scale thing that shows up on my screen meant something?! It's pretty exciting. I've been taking pictures like a crazy lady ever since, but deleting most of them. Here are a couple that I think turned out really nice. No editing or anything!!! What do you think?
Someday I'm going to take pictures of people, but for now I'm really liking trees because they don't move or make faces.
3 comments:
Cami-
Those are awesome pictures. I actually just used one for my phone wallpaper. Great work.
What kind of camera do you have?
It's a Nikon Coolpix P90. It isn't quite as fancy as I'd like, but does a great job for a point-and-shoot!
Post a Comment