Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lead Me, Guide Me

The other day Breyan was grabbing Jesse's face and clothes. Instead of pushing her away and smashing her (which he could easily do) he looked up at me and said..."help me, find the way!"  It looks like nursery is really rubbing off on the kid!

We sing multiple primary songs at bedtime.  A few of his favorites...I Am A Child of God, Birds in the Morning (In the Leaft Treetops), Popcorn Popping, Snowman Song (Once There Was A Snowman), and Book of Mormon Stories.  We also sing the ABC's.  I think music time is his favorite part of nursery.

He's also wanting to read a lot again...Cars, Toy Story, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Goodnight Moon, and the book Grandma Barger made him for Christmas all about him.

Every Sunday he gets giddy about wearing a tie like Daddy.  I've had to make him some ties so he isn't drowing in Casey's old ones. :)  Little boys really look up to their dads!  He mimics everything Casey says and does, checks for him as soon as he wakes up, and can't wait for Dad to come home each night.

Jesse is also getting better at writing/drawing.  He likes to draw "donut balloons" and random letters.  And can almost spell his own name.

Yeah, I know this was heavy on the Jesse accomplishments, but I usually just update on Breyan and thought I'd spend some time recognizing her older brother.  Jesse is a wonderful son and brother and makes his mom and dad proud every day!

He likes his hair to be "spikes." I like his hair to be "spikes."
Dad does not...but...



Dad is gone when we're getting ready in the morning, so SPIKES WIN!!!


(sorry Case)

3 comments:

- said...

cute, cute, cute! Your kids are so cute!

Marji Crummett said...

Love the spikes! I did Ben's hair with much protesting from him on Sunday. Then today he said, "mom do my hair cool like you did on Sunday." Then he complained again the whole time I did it.

Christina said...

haha, I love that. It's so awesome how much he's learning from the things that you and Casey are teaching him! He sounds like an incredible little guy!