Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Update

As I re-read my previous post I realized that I sounded pretty pathetic and self-pitying. That really isn't normal for me, but sometimes the crap of life piles up and you have to get it out of your system before you can flush it away! I want to thank the people who responded and reminded me of the important things in life. I have great friends and family out there and you guys all helped pull me out of my recent slump. This weekend I was able to spend some quality time with my family and my best friend Noel. It renewed me and I am more optimistic about things now! I have to mention something about Noel- we talk/hang out maybe once a month when we have a little bit of free time, but it doesn't feel that way. We can always pick up right where we left off like old times. It's what we call a "low-maintanence" friendship. It doesn't take a lot of effort and I can still tell her everything. Thanks Welly for staying my buddy through school, drama, boys, and everything in between. Cami

6 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I like how you talk about crap and flushing,that gave me the giggles.

Ben and Sabrina said...

You know, I think I related to alot that you wrote about. As a stay at home Mom, it's almost like you lose you identity a bit. I mean when people ask you what you've been u[to late;y, whatdo you say? "So I've just been changing the 10th diaper today because my kids have diahrea, Let me tell you this really gross story about how it comes out." You get the picture. I totally have moments where I get down about things too. But I always seem to pick back up. Husbands are a huge help with that. Good luck keeping things balanced.
Sorry we weren't able to get together in Idaho. Hopefully next time.

- said...

Thanks Cami!!! You are the best!!! I am so glad that we do have such a great friendship!!! It is nice to know that you always have a friend out there!

The Riries said...

Aw, sad little Cami! Glad your spirits are up a little bit. I could honestly never work full-time and stay on top of it all (or even close!)--kudos to you! It must be very overwhelming at times, I'm sure.
I feel the same way about friends lately too! I don't know if it's just harder once you have a fam and stuff, coordinating schedules and everything, and hiding inside from the freezing weather--it's something, though! And you're still in Rexburg, right? You, me, Kelly, and Mandy if she's still here, need to get together! For real. Even if we just sat and talked while our kids played, that would be so fun!
Oh, and about cooking, I was totally in a rut and then my friend mentioned this amazing food blog: www.ourbestbites.com. It has seriously made me fall in love with cooking! It has fun things that make you look like an amazing cook but really aren't that hard to make.
Ok, I'm done now. But let's do get together soon!
CAMPOREE!!!! Your spirits should be significantly up now! ;)

Ben and Sabrina said...

Just have to tell you that Joseph liek the "Fish" on your blog. He keeps pointing to them. :)