Thursday, January 7, 2010
On my mind...
Things will randomly pop into my head each day and I wish that I would write them down so I don't forget. But here are a few of those things that have been weighing on my mind lately.
Friends- It seems like I have very few friends these days, not that I was ever ms-super-popular, but as I get older I have less and less. Sometimes it just bums me out, but I know that I just need to try a little harder at being nice. Casey is great at being friendly- even if he doesn't like someone he can pretend and still carry on conversations and talk to people he doesn't know. I have never been that way! I guess it's time to learn.
Food- The other day I blew up one of my nice pyrex baking pans. I cried and Casey decided that we needed to add that meal to the list of foods I refuse to talk about ever cooking again. He's awesome like that! I feel like my cooking is in a rut and I need to break out of it! If anyone reads this and has some good recipes I would love to have some ones!
Family- I love all of my family, immediate, extended, in-lawed, etc...I am seriously blessed to have so many great people that are willing to help at the drop of a hat. We have had some very rough moments in life and could not have made it through without our families. I feel like I don't get to help them as much as they help us.
Work- I don't know of many of my friends that are full-time working moms, but it wears you down fast!!! I have a hard enough time keeping my house clean when I'm not working! And yet I find that when I'm not working a part of me is missing. Don't take this the wrong way- I LOVE being a mom and if I had the option I would quit my job in a minute to stay home with Jesse I would do it. My heart is at home, but there's a little piece of Cami (I call her the feminist) that enjoys the satisfaction of going to work and contributing each day and having a job. It's become part of my identity and when I do finally get to stay home I know that I'm going to struggle for a little bit. I also know that home is where mothers should be when possible and that is my goal.
This has become longer than I thought, and I don't really know if anyone will even read the whole thing, but I feel better having it out of me. And now, off to make new seating charts and grade lab assignments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What kind of food do you like- I am a foodie and have bajillions of recipes. Also, I wanna be your friend! =)
I posted some little thoughts tonight, too. I'm also working on re-vamping my cooking and having real meals everyday. So let me know if you get some good recipes. And I think Casey (and Eric) are just better at talking to people because they did it for two years on missions. That's all. See you later.
Isn't life interesting . . . Life is always different from what we want, expect or hope for, but in the end things always turn out-we just sometimes have to wait it out. I feel like I have been doing a lot of waiting lately. But, the adventures inbetween have been good too.
I can't even keep my house clean and I don't have kids, so don't feel bad. I blame it on my husband ;) And my OCD tendancies, because I can't just easy clean. If I clean, it's going deep, as in walls and baseboards scrubbed. So I just don't...
I have tons of help for recipes for you. I'll Facebook you!
P.S. We're friends :D And sometimes it's quality, not quantity.
Cami, give me your email address and I will send you a great recipe for an Asian dish. It is super easy, healthy, and tastes soooo good. I make it almost once a week because we love it so much. My email is kristin@stex.net. Hang in there. Life is hard sometimes and its okay to feel bummed out about it from time to time. Just remember that you are amazing and that you accomplish so much - even when you don't feel like you do.
Post a Comment