Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome Home! love, Sami

I haven't mentioned anything about Sam the psycho lately, so here are a couple of stories to entertain you while you wait for baby updates. A few weeks ago I came home from school and this is what my living room looked like! Sami had chewed up a couple of Casey's shoes, his headset thing for the XBox, and a wireless controller for the XBox. The day before she'd destroyed two pairs of my shoes! It sure was a fun day. We learned that she's still too young to leave in the house all day.
After the destructive chewing became a problem we decided to get her some new toys. So we tried different bones and she ate those in an hour, then we bought her a new rope toy and she shreaded it, ate it, and puked it in the hallway (I came home to that another day). Finally, I went to PetSmart and bought her a rubber tire especially for aggressive chewers. She actually ripped a hole in it the first night, but it's still mostly around and she's had it three weeks! That's a new record! This is Sami and her tire. She loves to play tug-of-war with it and rip pieces off. My last story is about what happened today. I came home from work just like everyday and she was standing out front on the dirt by the side of the house! I still have no idea how she did that! There are no holes under the fence, I'm pretty sure the gate was locked, and I've never seen her even attempt to jump the fence before! Hopefully it was a one-time thing. On the good side, she hadn't run away. It's like a teacher I work with said about his lab, that he runs from the backyard to the front, and then doesn't know what to do. So I have no clue how long she was out, but she stayed close to home, which is always a good sign. Well, there you have it! She makes us crazy, but we love her anyway, all 70 pounds of her! (yeah, when we adopted her she weighed 35 lbs and the shelter people said she'd be a small lab, maybe 50 lbs max...those liars!) Oh Sami...it's a good thing you are a sweet. mostly obedient dog!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

We are starting to calls those moments at our house Bosco moments, are little lab is always up to trouble! It sure keeps you on your toes though! Sami is a really good look lab, I love that last pic of her.