Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Sad Story, Happy Ending...
Sunday night Casey and I were playing with Sami in the backyard. Sometimes she gets really hyper and will just run all around the yard a few times at full speed! (I call this "doin' the crazy") Anyway, so she starts being nuts and slid right into our metal shed. I thought it was funny, Casey was pretty sure something had happened. Anyway, she keeps running and then comes over to us and she's bleeding on her leg. After closer inspection we can see that when she slid into the shed her leg went under the sheet metal and sliced her leg to the bone. There was quite a bit of blood and it was just gross! So casey starts calling people (his parents have dogs) and I decided to pull out the First Aid kit, and I put on some gloves and tried to get the bleeding to stop by holding some gauze on it. Well, we took her to his aunt and uncle's where they wrapped up her leg and stopped the bleeding so we could get her to the vet in the morning.
Monday morning she went to the vet and when we showed him what happened he said "Oh, WOW" (thanks, that's what I want to hear) and we had to leave her there for about 3 1/2 hours so he could stitch her up. Now she's home again, and we're poor because we had to pay the vet, and my poor little puppy is taking pain pills and antibiotics and has to wear one of those awesome "lampshades". Other than that she's doing much better!
Pictures are coming, but my computer doesn't want to upload anything right now so I'll try later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor puppy! I am glad she will be ok. Good job on the first aid though, a lot of people just freak out.
Post a Comment