Friday, July 11, 2008

An Excuse to Post...

I'll be honest, sometimes I just make up reasons to put a new post on here. This is one of those times.
Once upon a time there was a little girl who wanted a dog, but her parents said no. The little girl was so sad because she loved animals, so she decided to find a pet of her own. One day she found the perfect pet! It was small, quiet, and easy to feed. So she convinced her younger sister to help in catching these new pets and putting them in jars to keep them alive. Sometimes, the girl would tie strings around her pets' necks and take them for walks around the backyard! It was so fun to have something to take care of and the little girl was happy!
Of course, the girl was me, and my "pets" were grasshoppers. And you know what the strangest part of this story is? I STILL think grasshoppers are so cool! I found some this evening in our yard and took some pictures and that inspired this post. So here are my grasshoppers, but I think for now they'll stay where they are...I don't have any string anyway!

3 comments:

Ron said...

What are you talking about, Mom and Dad wouldn't let you have a dog? Grandma brought Rowdy up when you weren't even 2 years old.

The grasshoppers are still cool though.

Cami said...

This was for a few years after Rowdy (who died when I was 4) and before Captain.

Kelli Albaugh said...

those are some lovely grasshopper pictures. Have you classified the green ones?