So, the other day Casey hit a bird with the car. When I was getting in it the other day I noticed the sad yellow feathers on the hood and being a pretty big nerd had to ask him about it. One of the first things I did was try and figure out what kind it was...what did it look like, size, coloring, as if he had time to notice all of that! Anyway, it's actually been bugging me for a few days now and yesterday I saw one in our front yard so I had to call and ask him about it. This morning I spent a few minutes online trying to identify it (I've misplaced my bird book in the process of moving) and I'm happy to say I figured it out! He hit a western tanager. This is what they look like! Anyway, that's my random story...you can see how small my world has become since school has ended! Bye.
The pretty one is the male and the greenish-yellow is the female.


2 comments:
Cami,
You crack me up!
Thank you!
Post a Comment