Thursday, April 10, 2008
House Update
Well, we close on the house tomorrow and are moving in! Casey and I are both taking the day off of work and we are going to sign papers until our fingers bleed and then start moving things out of the apartment! Last night we got a refrigerator and a lawn mower (cause we have grass). Later this summer we're going to get a puppy (I've wanted one for the last 3 years) and plant a little garden and do all sorts of grown-up people things.
I'll be posting pictures as we work on moving in an doing some painting. I'm making the living room green! It's such a cool shade! To all who are wondering "what happened to yellow?' Never fear! I will have a yellow room somewhere in the house. I don't think I said anything about what it has or anything. Right now there are 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, but we'll be finishing the basement to add another bathroom, a bedroom, a family room and a laundry/storage room. The backyard is completely fenced in and our view out the back is the foothills...until they decide to turn it into neighborhoods. Anyway...it's perfect for us and we are hoping to be there for many, many years.
One more thing...the best part about buying a house is getting the furntiture for it! We finally get to choose our own stuff for EVERYTHING and I have learned that my taste is a little "out there" I am way excited to pick out the toilet for our downstairs bathroom! Weirdo! Anyway, this has been a very long post. Pictures next week...before and afters from the living room. Thanks for reading!
Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on the closing. Now comes all the fun. You're doing it right by prepping before you move in; we only had a couple days so we couldn't do that.
If you want a crazy toilet, check out www.glasstoilets.com for some wild ideas.
oh good now you get a chance to exercise your nerdiness, with plants. J/k. Speaking of nerdy I stumbled on a joke you emailed me a few years ago. It went like this. Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? It was dead. Why did the squirrel fall out of the tree because it was stapled to the monkey! Anyways I am excited to come and visit you guys after you move into your house. It sounds like a nice house.
Post a Comment